World Mental Health Day 2017
Dawn was proud to sponsor UNISON’s Mental Health Conference today at the Pierhead building in Cardiff and to sign this Statement of Opinion on World Mental Health Day 2017:
- Recognises that 10 October 2017 marks World Mental Health Day.
- Celebrates the work of Time to Change Wales, the first national campaign to end the stigma and discrimination faced by people with mental health problems.
- Recognises that mental health problems will affect one in four people during their lifetime.
- Recognises that people who experience mental illness often face stigma and discrimination in the workplace, socially and within families.
- Supports Time to Change Wales’s campaign to improve knowledge and understanding about mental illness and to get people talking about mental health.