A safer Rhymney valley
During my street surgeries in the Upper Rhyney valley I have received regular complaints about issues realting to motor vehicles (parking, speeding etc). This recent update from the Gwent Police shows an active response on their part:
“With support from the DVLA, NSL the contractors used by the DVLA to clamp vehicles, Gwent Police area support Units, and the local neighbourhood team here at Rhymney we conducted an operation around untaxed vehicles. Below are the figures we have obtained from the course of today’s operation:
- 3 vehicles seized for no tax;
- 1 Traffic Offence Report has been issued (No insurance/licence) after a short pursuit and decamp.
- 1 Driving whilst using a mobile phone ticket issued;
- 1 HORT/1 issued; (Produce documents at station)
- 20 vehicles clamped throughout the Upper Rhymney Valley.
- 70 electronic fines to be issued by DVLA
- 2 x Fixed Penalty Notices issued for parking offences
This operation took place throughout the Upper Rhymney Valley”.
This information shows the importance of keeping vehicles legal, of parking in a considerate fashion and obeying highway regulaltions that help to protect us all.